In many parts of the country winter is pouring out blasts of below freezing temperatures and reeking havoc on homes and businesses from the eastern seaboard to middle America. In Houston, our citizens are preparing their homes and businesses for the ensuing spring season. This leads to a certain predictable summer with temperatures soaring into the 100s. As a result, homeowner’s and businesses ready their Air-Conditioning systems to provide comfort from spring to fall. The first step in preparing your Air Conditioning for warmer months is an AC TUNE up. Here’s what you should know about Houston AC Tune-ups Specials.
Air Conditioning and Heating companies across Houston offer varying pricing for AC Tune-ups. Many prices range from $60 to $100 dollars. Beware of the lowest pricing. Reputable companies charge a fair price for the work they do. If a company is offering a remarkably lower price, be sure to check their service ratings via Google, Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau, etc. You will find an accurate service rating among these directories. Remember to review the Air Conditioning Companies’ AC Tune-up checklist. A good Air-conditioning contractor follows the standard list. Here’s what you should expect. Many companies add more performances.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increase the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
If you’re in Houston and surrounding areas, Autumn Air-Conditioning Company is the expert in Air-Conditioning tune-ups, repair or replace services. Autumn Air has trained, certified and fully background checked technicians with years of experiences to perform your AC tune-up. Homeowners can rest assured that Autumn Air is sending a professional to get the job done. Each technician at Autumn Air is equipped to address any issue that may arise. If you decide you’d like to replace your air-conditioning unit, Autumn Air has a variety of systems with available financing options. Call Autumn Air for your AC Tune-up today.
18812 Tomato St.
Spring, TX 77379