Air Conditioning Installation Houston
It is important to have an experienced professional handle your AC installations. By choosing a reputable professional, you will save time and money in the long run. Autumn Air is a company you can trust with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We offer a wide variety of installations from air conditioning and heating.
Give us a call today to discuss your residential and commercial HVAC needs. Whether you are building a new home or business and starting from scratch or need to replace an existing unit, we can help.
Best Air Conditioning Installation Companies in Houston, TX
Autumn Air is one of the best air conditioning installation companies in Houston, TX. Our Company understands how important it is to have a good air conditioning system living in Texas (especially during the summer months). That’s why we offer emergency air conditioning installation service in Houston, TX for our customers.
Our expert technicians are certified which means that they undergo regular and intensive training and testing. We are committed to our customers’ complete satisfaction and to the quality of workmanship that we provide.
Learn More About Air Conditioning Installation
There are many different ways to figure out the installation costs. There are many things that can increase and make up the entire installation cost. The average can range from $2500 all the way up to nearly $15,000. This is not an installation that is considered to be a DIY project, it is best to be left to have a trusted HVAC contractor handle the installation due to both their knowledge and specialty tools.
The total cost is calculated from a few different factors such as the contractor, a licensed subcontractor (needed only if the HVAC contractor is not a licensed electrician), the labor, and materials. Also the cost of the selected unit, which that price is determined by the SEER rating of the machine and tonnage.
Installing a split air conditioning system is much more simply than installing a central air conditioning unit. With the right tools, this could even be a DIY project.
First step: Find an appropriate location to install the unit.
Second step: Secure mounting plate.
Third step: Create hole in the wall to fit the piping.
Fourth step: Check the electrical connections.
Fifth step: Connect the pipes.
Sixth step: Secure indoor unit to mounting plate.
First step: Choose best location for outdoor unit.
Second step: Lay concrete platform and make sure it is level.
Third step: Connect the electrical wires.
Fourth Step: Secure the pipes.
First step: Bleed the air and humidity from the refrigerant circuit.
Second step: Now wrap the joints of the piping with insulating covering and tape.
Third step: Then fasten the piping to the wall with clamps.
Fourth step: Finally seal up the hole with expanding polyurethane foam.
Make sure to do proper research and even possibly consult with a trusted professional.
Always contact a trusted and reputable professional to get a direct quote on your own specific home for a most accurate price on installation. There are a lot of things that affect the total cost of an AC installation.
- Contractor and if needed sub contractor.
- Prepping the worksite.
- Clean up.
- Any modifications, updating, relocating, repairing, or removing of any existing framing, HVAC, plumbing systems, electrical, and surfacing.
- Sales tax on all materials or supplies used.
- Any needed permits or inspection fees.
- Any testing or possible remediation of hazardous materials.
- General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the installation.
All licensed, insured, and reputable professionals will be on the higher cost of the spectrum and are most recommended due to them being licensed through the state as well has having insurance that covers any damages or possible injuries that can occur.
When it comes to installing an air conditioning unit, depending on what type of unit you are wishing to install will depend on how simply and easy it is to install. There are a couple different styles and types, central air conditioner, split system air conditioner, and window air conditioners. Central AC units are most recommended to be installed by a professional due to the need of specialty tools and them having a wide knowledge base.
The most simple to install are window units where the most you may have to do is install a small dock for the bigger units to sit on outside of the window frame. Then they just sit inside the window, plug it in, and you are set to go.
Split system units have a few more steps to install, but can easily be a DIY project. Securing mounting the indoor unit to an appropriate wall location then drilling a hole in the wall for the piping about completes the indoor installation, but then there is the outdoor install. The outdoor installation is nearly as simple by making sure the concrete platform the outdoor will set on is installed and level. Then placing the outdoor unit on it, connect all electrical wires, securing all pipes, and then bleed the air and humidity from the refrigerant. From there it is just tidying up by making sure that the joints of the piping are wrapped with insulating covering and tape, affix the pipe to the wall with clamps and sealing up the hole with expanding polyurethane foam.
It is not recommended to not remove the air from your system, which is what a vacuum pump does as this can ruin your system completely and you could need one within a few short years. There is a process that you can do if you do not have access to a vacuum pump.
- Once installed, turn on the compressor and depress the access valve that is on the high side of the system. Make sure to keep an eye on the pressure on the low side. Once the pressure is as low as it can possibly go, close the access valve and turn it off. This takes roughly 5 minutes to complete.
- Now charge the low side of the system to about 14 psi.
- Give it about 3 minutes for that the pressures equalize on both the high and low sides.
- You will then turn on the compressor, and then depress the access valve. When the pressure is as low as it can go on the low side, close the access valve on the high side and shut off the compressor.
- Now you will need to repeat the steps 2, 3, and 4. Keep in mind that on successive evacuations, the pressure on the low side will not go as low due to the absorption of the refrigerant in the compressor oil and it is slow to release.
- Again, charge the low side to about 14 psi.
- You will need to give it 3 minutes in order for the pressure to equalize. Then turn on the compressor and depress the access valve on the high side. Now this time, when the gas is no longer coming out, let the valve close. The air has now been removed and purged from the system.
- Now you will need to charge the system with the correct amount of refrigerant and turn on the compressor.
- Make sure to make all appropriate adjustments needed.
Products & Services:
– Air Conditioning
– Air Conditioning Installation
– Air Conditioning Replacement
– Air Conditioning Repair
– Air Conditioner
– AC Tune Up
– AC Repair
– AC Unit
– Air Conditioning Maintenance
– AC Replacement
– AC Installation
– AC Maintenance
– Heating Repair
– Heating Replacement
– Heating Installation
– Heating Check Up
– Air Duct Installation
– Residential Cooling and Heating Systems
– Air Conditioner Repair and Installation
– Furnace Repair
– Furnace Replacement
– Furnace Installation
– Furnace Check Up
– High-Efficiency A/C and Furnaces
– Heat Pump Repair
– Digital Thermostats
– Electric and Gas Furnaces
– Air Filtration
– Attic Insulation
– Indoor Air Quality
– Home Energy Audit
– New Air Conditioning System
– AC Seasonal Maintenance
Partners & Certifications
Overall Rating / 108 Total Testimonials
The technician doing the inspection and testing was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable--very good 'people skills'. He explained the inspection process clearly and thoroughly. An excellent employee. I request to have him come for my next inspection.
Good and friendly service person!
Prompt good service and on time.
Prompt service, arrived within the time frame stated, called ahead to advise the exact arrival time. Great customer service.
My service was exceptional. Chuy is professional, polite, knowledgeable.
Quick service, quick repair. Cordial personnel. Very satisfied.
We had a excellent experience with Autumn Air.
Your technicians are very helpful and skilled. I very much like your services and would recommend your company to others. Penny
Prompt, thorough and answered all my questions.
Excellent service, Both Lewis' are knowledgeable, friendly know their equipment. Heard good praise about the Owner and all the staff, makes for a HAPPY FAMILY AND BUSINESS. Thank you, CARRY ON.
Leave Us a Review
We've found that customer reviews are very helpful in keeping our business thriving. We would truly appreciate a review from you!
Visit your preferred site to leave a review or comment: